Monday, April 20, 2015

OK, so I bought the car as pictured about ten years ago as seen in the pics. I pulled it on the trailer under its own power even! As a few of you may or may not know it has had a C3 Corvette roof grafted to it and the same vintage gas tank shoved in it as well. I am at peace with that, but the Diff is out of a Mustang II!? I will take pics of that and post it at a later date. I have been reading suspension design books and am developing a new independent suspension setup for it that could only be an improvement on its current setup. The grand plan was a V8 and is still going to happen, but in the mean time I figured why not get it running well?

I received the carb kits, fuel pump rebuild, clutch slave, and master cylinders from Moss. The clutch hydraulics were easy enough, but the carb kit didn't come with the all the parts necessary :( . I needed the Bypass valve kit!  Oh yeah and the clutch master cylinder came from a Triumph Spitfire
A special thanks to Buckeye Triumphs for the Car Article it helped a lot.
A Link to there rebuild article

So after all of this we attempted to light the thing off. Several cranks later fire and light! Let off the key and it died. The stupid ballast resistor was open so I stuck a Mopar resistor in its place. The result follows:







No comments:

Post a Comment